Vice President of Investor Relations
JOB PURPOSE: Upbound is seeking a highly driven and solution-oriented VP of Investor Relations to oversee the planning, development, and implementation of investor relations programs and strategies for our company. The Vice President of Investor Relations will be responsible for strategic planning, management, and implementation of our investor relationship programs. You will act as a main point of contact between Upbound and our investors, and will be managing the corporate calendar, organizing investor conferences, meetings, or earning calls, and acting as a liaison between our company and current and future investors.
In this role, you will be the business expert with in-depth knowledge of corporate finance and best investor relations practices. We are seeking a goal-oriented professional with excellent marketing, negotiation, and communication skills as you will be responsible for enhancing our company’s image in the investor community.
- Develop, plan and execute a comprehensive, strategic investor relations program to increase Upbound’ s visibility with the investment community.
- Assist with the ongoing refinement of key messaging and market positioning based on company performance, market perception, expectations, peer performance and relative valuation.
- Develop and provide counsel on key metrics, guidance progression, and disclosure policies.
- Analyze internal and external forecasts, data, and assumptions to provide an aggregated view of expectations and implications for stock price and investor and analysts perception.
- Provide strategy and direction for investor relations messaging, positioning and external appearances based on high understanding of market expectations and trends, and the implications of broader economic and financial trends on market sentiment.
- Build a targeted investor strategy with current and potential investors.
- Develop deep relationships with major investors, build a targeting strategy to widen our base of long-term, long-only investors.
- Manage relationships with Wall Street sell-side analysts and broaden exposure to sell-side analysts and investors.
- Advise on optimal communications for analysts and investors including all messaging and communications materials for earnings, post-earnings, and other investor events.
- Speak to investors on behalf of Upbound.
- Plan, manage and attend investor events, investor and analyst meetings, roadshows and conference calls and manage relationship with the stock exchange (Nasdaq).
- Content Creation & Process Management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gain a deep understanding of Upbound’ s business and ensure that corporate messaging is consistent.
- Craft and communicate messaging around financial results, strategy, growth opportunities and business initiatives to analysts and investors.
- Manage the process for quarterly earnings process – preparation of materials including earnings conference call scripts, press releases, Q&A documents, and other associated materials for sell-side and buy-side post-earnings calls.
- Advise and update investor presentation and accompanying voiceover for investor conferences, 1x1 meetings and non-deal roadshows.
- Advise on investor relations website and other corporate content.
- Monitor analyst and peer estimates, consensus estimates, sell-side research, and market-related trends impacting valuation and perception.
- Create a consistent and programmatic competitor analysis and reporting program for internal stakeholders, including programmatic reporting on competitor financials, earnings reports, major announcements, and other trends.
- Stay informed on relevant macro and sector news flow and trends and how they impact market perception of Upbound and its competitors.
- 12+ years of experience in finance, investor relations or related field.
- An undergraduate degree with a focus in Finance or Commerce; attainment of an MBA, CFA, CBV or CPA, or a combination of the preceding, is desirable.
- A successful track record in evaluating business and/or major capital initiatives that have had a high impact on a high growth company; Financial Services experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations on strategic questions.
- Structured thinking: comfort with numbers, details, and ambiguity.
- A collaborative working style and ability to work cross-functionally internally and externally.
- Communication skills and presence: Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely with excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to work independently and to solve problems.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment where your voice will be heard, and your decisions will have a significant impact.
- High integrity.
- Passion for or familiarity with internet, technology trends and startups.
- A leadership background in investor relations with a public company and experience with B2B, Marketplace or SaaS businesses.
- Deep understanding and passion for two-sided marketplaces and the ability to articulate Upbound’ s value proposition to investors.
- Strong network within investor community including relationships with the buy-side and sell-side internet analysts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
- Strategic – can understand ‘the big picture’ and exercise good business judgment.
- Problem solver – can structure, break down, and solve complex business issues.
- Analytical – can analyze and draw conclusions from large and/or complex data sources (both qualitative and quantitative data sets).
- Financial acumen – understands financial analysis/working knowledge of financial statements.
- Communicator – can synthesize ideas and thinking for sharing with others.
- Self-directed – can manage his/her own work in a fast-changing environment.
- Collaborative – able to partner with other functions/business leaders on complex problems and business issues.
- Intellectually curious – has a passion for business and enjoys solving problems.
- Action-oriented – enjoys translating recommendations into actions.