Bilingual Marketing Copy Editor
JOB PURPOSE: Proof and ensure marketing and advertising assets are free of errors, translations are correct and written content is engaging and accessible to the target audience.
- Proofread and edit in English and Spanish for a variety of marketing vehicles, including but not limited to social media, websites, e-mail, print ads, in-store signage and more.
- Ensure content and product merchandising copy on Spanish website is up to date and accurate.
- Correct grammatical errors, sentence structure and spelling errors in English and Spanish.
- Ensure project and version codes are correct and consistent with print/distribution manifests before being sent to final production.
- Maintain database of commonly translated phrases, offers, legal disclaimers and messaging common to Upbound and its family brands’ marketing.
- Ensure copy style and tone of materials maintain consistent writing per the brand standards and voice of the company and its family brands.
- Partner with Marketing teams to develop headlines and other copy points for social media, websites, e-mail, print ads, in-store signage and more.
- Maintain brand standards while striving for optimal accuracy in project proofs for all Upbound family brands.
- Work with the creative team to develop, maintain and update style guides as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of proofreading and editing in a corporate or agency Marketing environment. Copywriting experience a plus.
- Bilingual in English, US Spanish and Puerto Rico Spanish.
- Experience in translating from English to Spanish/Spanish to English.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications; Experience with Trados a plus.
- Familiar with and able to reference AP style guide.
- Team player, but able to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to effectively prioritize work and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Expert level of efficiency with a sharp eye for detail.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Translation testing may be required for employment.