Job Purpose: The Category Manager will be responsible for developing, executing, and managing the sourcing strategy and tactical plans for Indirect spend categories (for non-merchandise spend). Categories managed by this position are those identified as strategic, business critical, and/or having significant leverage opportunity. Indirect Categories include Information Technology (IT), Marketing, Business Services, Human Resources (HR), and Supply Chain.
- Develop, execute, and track category strategy and policies for one or more non-merchandise category leveraging the identified value levers.
- Collaborate with the business to define category needs and specifications.
- Manage and direct the strategic sourcing efforts (sourcing calendar)
- Complete the collection, analysis, and reporting of category spend and savings data monthly.
- Conduct the development of sourcing strategies, industry and supplier research, bidding, supplier selection, and contract negotiations.
- Perform value analysis and total cost of ownership analytical activities.
- Coordinate strategic sourcing activities with stakeholders for sourced categories, including preparing category sourcing results and sourcing step details and summaries.
- Provide Stakeholders’ department with spend savings analysis across categories for forecasting and budgeting purposes.
- Prepare periodic stakeholder activities alignment and category planning materials.
- Coordinate with Stakeholder and Legal department on contract negotiations
- Report on contracting activity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least four years of relevant strategic sourcing experience
- Prior management experience
- Project management experience
- Procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge, specifically with multiple retail, non-merchandise specific category sourcing expertise
- Understanding of cost savings approaches
- Established strategic sourcing skills, including documentation and communication of strategy.
- Networking and team skills
- Strategically oriented
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to successfully address large supplier relationships.