REAL ESTATE MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: Manage and execute approved strategic real estate and market plans for the Rent-A-Center (RAC) store network. Proactively guide the process through site selection, field work, lease negotiation, and delivery to our construction team.
- Align with Market Planning team to understand approved market plans and execute real estate strategy.
- Apply strategic thinking to solve real estate and property management issues.
- Develop and present real estate recommendations to Monthly Real Estate Committee (REC) and develop ad-hoc presentations for RAC Executive Team.
- Support the RAC Lease Administration team with the timely and accurate input of lease data in Lucernex or other lease management system (LMS) apps.
- Work cross-functionally within an MS Teams environment, collaborating with RAC teams that are responsible for Market Planning, Construction, Store Design, Property Management, Lease Administration, Finance, Store Field Operations, and Legal.
- Efficiently leverage GIS (Geographic Information System) and other real estate technology platforms to optimize project workflows.
- Coordinate with 3rd Party companies managing outsourced Lease Renewals. Provide strategic direction, assist with landlord relations, and review leases for accuracy.
- Develop and maintain a strong professional network of relationships with landlords and brokers via participation in ICSC events and other professional conferences.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business or real estate.
- 5-7 years applied deal making and negotiation experience, with emphasis on site selection and new store lease negotiation for a multi-unit retail operation.
- Experience negotiating LOI’s and store leases for relocations and new store sites (consistent with RAC real estate guidelines).
- Must have ability to travel 25% to 30% of the time.
- Must adhere to corporate 3-2 weekly schedule, with 3 days in office and 2 days work-from-home.
- Proficiency with lease management applications such as Lucernex, QuickBase, Tango, On-Site or Costar.
- Experience in a collaborative MS Teams environment, including MS Office applications.
- Proficiency with GIS platforms such as Esri, MapInfo or Kalibrate; and familiarity with demographic databases and customer psychographic segmentation.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.