Senior Data Engineer
Upbound Group (NASDAQ: UPBD) is an omni-channel platform company committed to elevating financial opportunity for all through innovative, inclusive, and technology-driven financial solutions that address the evolving needs and aspirations of consumers. The Company's customer-facing operating units include industry-leading brands such as Rent-A-Center® and Acima® that facilitate consumer transactions across a wide range of store-based and digital retail channels, including over 2,400 company branded retail units across the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Upbound Group, Inc. is headquartered in Plano, Texas.
- Create and maintain data pipelines and ETL jobs using Python and SQL
- Assemble large complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Collaborate with business leaders, Executives, Data Scientists, BI Analytics, Product, Engineering, and other operational departments to ensure successful delivery of data integration and BI projects
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Ability and interest in mentoring other Data Engineers
SKILLS, EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering roles
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Strong Python experience
- Strong SQL experience
- Strong REST API experience
- Experience using Linux
- Experience with data warehousing: Redshift and Snowflake
- Warehouse data modeling experience is a plus
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with minimal support and guidance
- Strong communication skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- DTO (discretionary time off).
- Medical insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution.
- Dental insurance (Cigna) and Vision insurance (United Healthcare)
- Paid holidays
- 401K match, 6%/3%
- Free Dev lunches every Friday for locals
- Fully stocked snack bar with beverages
- Onsite gym
- College tuition reimbursement program (STEM)
- Free car charging