The purpose of the Business Intelligence Analyst role is to analyze the portfolio, operational performance, and financial performance across the company, in order to create visibility and action that captures multi-million dollar profit impact on an annualized basis. This includes continuous trend analysis, root cause analysis across regions or organizations, external and internal evaluation, and leading indicator analysis that brings to light critical gaps and opportunities across the division. The output of the analyses will include actionable insights continuously shared with EVP, SVP, RD or key cross-functional partners that will ultimately lead to action capturing that opportunity.
- Derive business insights and oversee the building of data products from large data sets and communicate relevant findings and risks associated to management and stake holders.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for business data and analytics in support of business initiatives. Act as a liaison between data and business, understanding and being able to speak the terms of each.
- Perform complex analysis of data at a very granular level and present relevant findings in business terms to business partners.
- Using SQL and stored procedures, identify, design, create, and maintain data structures and applications for data analysis, data products, and reporting.
- Identify data and product quality issues with the products developed within and outside of the department.
- Coordinates and manages data needs, issues, and requirements with Data Warehouse team and other holders of data.
- Self-sufficient in the requirements gathering, design, development, and QA of SQL driven reports and stored procedures with varying degrees of complexity.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, etc ), Master’s preferred.
- Proficient with SQL and with the use of at least one of the following programming languages: SAS, R, or Python.
- Advanced skill with Excel
- Ideally 2+ years of experience with credit and portfolio analysis, or advanced analytics
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts, SQL, and analytical functions. Very strong SQL coding skills.
- Strong in requirements gathering, solution design, development, quality assurance, business support, and maintenance of data related projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability and the background of communicating complex technical concepts to business owners.
- Experience in analyzing transactional data and drawing quantifiable business conclusions.
- Experience with statistical analysis a plus.
- Experienced in taking initiative towards identifying and solving complex business problems.
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills with an attention for details.
- Must be self motivated, a self starter, and driven for achieving success within projects.