Rent A Center Corporate
Principal - HRBP
JOB PURPOSE: Provide comprehensive Human Resources support to a field division in the areas of performance management, talent acquisition, employee relations, workforce planning, onboarding, succession planning, policy interpretation, etc. Play an integral role in launching HR programs that support the business and enable the Company’s ability to attract, hire, develop and retain exceptional talent.
- Be a champion of HR change management. Analyze processes and make recommendations for continuous improvement to the talent life cycle.
- Contribute to the development and the execution of the people strategy by providing knowledge of HR operations, policies and processes
- Collaborate with field management to strengthen overall business acumen and provide impactful thought leadership on a variety of HR aspects that contribute to the business.
- Provide timely and valuable consultation on performance management and employee relations issues
- Advise and consult on people issues, supported by robust measurement and evaluation
- Facilitate resolution of workplace concerns, assist with developing and interpreting policy, and provide consultation and recommendations as it relates to Employee Relations issues
- Work closely with field recruiters to ensure the division is efficiently recruiting exceptional talent
- Assist with facilitating workforce planning to ensure the organization is proactively assessing and planning for talent. Ensure robust succession plans are in place for key roles and development plans are executed
- Partner with field management and Training department to ensure all employees are progressing in the Company’s various training and development programs
- Work cross-functionally to identify and develop HR solutions that will ultimately improve business results through lowering turnover, increasing retention, developing high-performing coworkers, etc.
- Accountable for multiple HR projects from beginning to end and for using efficient project management methodologies and tools, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least five years’ experience in Human Resources
- Multi-unit retail/restaurant/hospitality background preferred
- Working knowledge of employment law (e.g. FMLA, Title VII, ADA, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking skills with methodical approach to problem solving
- Skilled at executing plans, project management, dealing with ambiguity and adapting to rapid change
- Make good decisions in a timely manner, based upon mixture of analysis, experience and judgment
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring data/information in order to complete projects
- Strong research, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals, establish productive cross–functional collaborative relationships
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)