Responsible for developing customer shopping experience and driving customer online conversion, through collaboration with Sr. Online Merchandiser and Digital Experience Manager. This includes managing appropriate site navigation, category management, product information, and presentation for optimal customer discoverability and purchase path flow. This role is highly collaborative and will be essential to the success of the eCommerce experience for all brands under the Rent-A-Center umbrella.
- Manage online product content including pictures, categorization, and pricing
- Manage online presentation of marketing campaigns and promotions
- Effect necessary changes to product placement to improve sales and margin performance.
- Increase conversion and average order size through online merchandise management of best sellers, product promotions, up-sell, and cross-sell opportunities
- Produce copy for products and website enhancements
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage Spanish translations for products and website enhancements
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Marketing, Creative, Merchant, and Pricing teams to promote unique, personalized online experiences
- Own merchandise presentation on site, responsible for product categorization, in-season management of merchandising presentation, merchandising assortment optimization, and end-of-season product transitions
- Identify site issues specific to merchandising and work with appropriate technology partners and internal teams to communicate and resolve
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years expertise in e-commerce merchandising
- Deep knowledge of site merchandising best practices with a strong merchandising “eye”
- Experience with e-commerce platforms
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; strong presentation skills
- Product copywriting experience preferred
- Comfortable communicating across various levels of management including executive management
- Highly detail-oriented and self-motivated, ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe suite.