JOB PURPOSE: The PowerBI Architect will be responsible for designing the data models, designing the reports, developing the data connections, transforming the data, and delivering the application solution.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Architect is responsible for building, implementing, and supporting reporting solutions for our enterprise clients. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing, and deployment). The BI Senior Developer should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with Microsoft Power BI stack.
- Architect design and develop end to end business intelligence solution based on Microsoft Power BI platform
- Work with clients to define user requirements for web systems, dashboards and reports. Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Define BI framework model, semantic layers and Metadata repositories to support reporting and administration
- Establish data level security and object level security
- Establish model used for self-service BI
- Develop and manage BI end user presentation layer training and documentation.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Create the DAX based calculations and resolve issues
- Resolve any issues related to loops and hierarchy
- Create n review model and KPI
- Create and review visualization
- Capacity estimation and planning
- Integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 4+ Years of Business Intelligence Architecture and PowerBI data modeling
- 3+ Years Excel, Power BI (including PowerPivot, Power Query, and Power View)
- Experience in Databases, especially Snowflake database.
- Power BI PowerShell script development
- Power BI Rest API knowledge
- Should have worked on Power BI contents like workspaces, reports, datasets, and data flows
- Strong Technical skills in Power BI Desktop and Power BI service, especially expertise in DAX functions and Power BI modelling
- Should be able to implement data refresh using Data Management Gateway
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual , and problem-solving
- Strong knowledge that demonstrates database technical functionality such as performance, security and reliability
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and staff.
- Should understand and be able to contribute in all phases of the development life cycle