Supports Rent-A-Center vision by providing property management services (ensuring Landlord upholds their responsibility for all building, equipment, common area and property repairs) manages HVAC and signage projects and ensures lease enforcement for all stores and field team members within a defined region. Manage the work assignments for repair and maintenance technicians, vendors and contractors for HVAC and signage trades. Manage remediation and restoration projects as assigned. Process requests for repair and maintenance, establish responsibility through the interpretation of lease documents, and coordinate efforts between Landlords, vendors, contractors, and store operations to resolve Property Management issues. This position reports to the Manager, Property Management and is based in Plano, Texas.
- Supports store management with repair and maintenance of the building, equipment, and land pursuant to Lease responsibility including roofs, structural elements, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, common area maintenance (CAM) issues and signage
- Communicates issues and responsibilities to store management and Landlords
- Dispatches work orders and reviews and obtains approval for repair and maintenance bids
- Documents issue status within Lucernex and communicates regular updates to all involved parties through project completion
- Manages vendor relations and procurement activities related to assigned projects
- Processes Landlord-invoiced bill-backs, confirming tenant contribution as per the Lease agreement
- Resolves conflicts through negotiation and effective problem resolution
- Performs regular audit of fixed asset HVAC expenses, bills Landlord and tracks all recoveries
- Manages collections efforts as required for work performed in an emergency without the Landlord’s approval
- Leads projects requiring remediation and restoration due to flooding, fire, etc.
- Coordinates orders and delivery timelines with Construction Project Leads and Regional Construction Managers when required
- Identifies and communicates change-orders in projects to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to order additional materials, fixtures, carpet, etc.
- Oversees exterior signage projects for stores in compliance with approved design standards, obtaining sign surveys, artwork, cost estimates and applicable approvals
- Codes, tracks, and processes invoices
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-3 years of property management or related experience.
- Property Management experience strongly preferred.
- Retail industry experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of commercial leases.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with negotiations on the phone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Even tempered, with a Customer Service mind-set.
- Collections experience is a plus.