The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) III contributes to the performance of the business by advising and partnering with business unit leaders to enable them to effectively lead, motivate, develop and retain their people and foster a best in class culture of creativity and innovation. Responsible for driving business development through proactive consulting with leaders to enable innovated talent solutions through enterprise advocacy. The HRBP III partners with company leadership within assigned business units to drive results by strengthening coworker and organizational capabilities through the entire HR lifecycle and execution of HR programs.
The HRBP III will be the primary interface for one or more business units at the Divisional level or above. This typically includes alignment with business units that are P&L based. The role interfaces with leaders at the SVP level and below. May also lead division-wide transformational initiatives for Human Resources.
- Collaborates with senior and executive business leaders within multiple divisions to guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent
- Proactively assess business performance to develop HR solutions that enable business strategies, foster leadership success, and drive the employee experience
- Works closely with HR infrastructure and functional partners within the business to deliver solutions and change management plans that drive sustainable business results
- Develops and drives the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of Rent-A-Center
- Translates near and long-term operating goals into HR processes, projects, and assignments and integrates and initiates work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to support business strategies
- Assesses organizational performance, identifies talent gaps, and proposes HR solutions that support the business, while leading the implementation of ongoing talent, succession, and development plans for the organization
- Partners with leadership to understand the business unit’s processes, financial requirements, and organizational structures in order to identify opportunities and challenges to maximize performance and employee engagement
- Coaches coworkers and business units on various human resources matters including employee relations, performance management, employment law compliance, policy interpretation, and recruitment support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a diverse range of HR functions desired.
- 5+ years of experience in leading and managing HR teams
- Business Acumen: understand business and industry factors to shape how strategies are developed, implemented and sustained
- Previous experience with a quickly growing retail business or multinational company preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to travel may be required