The VP, Business Development will be responsible for prospecting and closing multi-year relationships in targeted market segments to drive profitable growth for RAC’s Acima Leasing platform. In this role, the VP of BD will be a key external facing member of the Business Development team and responsible for deepening Acima’s market penetration with enterprise merchants.
- Develop new multi-year relationships with enterprise merchants in coordination with SVP, Business Development and Partnerships and cross-functional teams to drive strategic growth in targeted market segments.
- Develop a pipeline of prospects and new relationships, selling in Acima’s leasing services and other offerings.
- Develop relationships with C-level management of various industry prospects (retailers, associations and buying groups) to drive opportunities.
- Conduct strategic account planning for targeted prospects to: 1) Explore and prioritize opportunities; 2) Develop prospecting approach and winning value proposition tailored to specific client requirements; 3) work collaboratively with internal and external resources; and 4) Formulate action plans to close new business.
- Structure, negotiate and close multi-year contracts with future partners.
- Negotiations include pricing/financial offers, terms and conditions and internal approvals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to lead internal approval processes.
- Provide insight to the organization on market trends, competitive intelligence.
- Partner with Acima’s BD, sales and executive teams on our ever-evolving go-to-market strategies.
- Prospect activities include industry and company research, sales presentations, trade show attendance and pipeline reporting.
- Provide insights to the sales organization on best practices and to the overall organization on the development of sales presentations and innovative sales strategies.
- Responsible for sales communications supporting plans and progress toward goals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or direct domain experience in relevant field (e.g., business, marketing, finance, economics).
- Minimum 15 years professional experience, with five or more years of business development in the financial services industry selling to enterprise retailers.
- Demonstrated track record of Business Development success.
- Superior communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to influence decision makers.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, independent and resourceful.
- Capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- Proven track record of business development success with retail community in the consumer finance, lease-to-own, consumer payments, credit card or related industries.
- Expertise in selling to big-ticket merchants.
- Master’s degree preferred