Rent A Center Corporate
Principal - Data Governance
JOB PURPOSE: The Principal - Data Governance, will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data management framework for data policies, standards and practices of the collaborative entity for both the Business and Functional areas to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. Thorough understanding of data management and administration duties such as collection, analysis, and distribution.
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Lead Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Ensuring that metadata critical to data governance is included in the metadata resource and is accessible.
- Build the data catalogue / inventory and lineage for enterprise visibility.
- Ensure compliance with established design, testing and documentation standards and practices which are applicable to the project/product/data and are current within the department
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of Data Governance experience.
- Experience with data lineage and catalog tools a plus. Eg. Informatica, colibra etc.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Clear and effective writing and technical documentation skills
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to see a task to completion
- Good analytical/problem-solving skills