Acima is a young and dynamic leasing company that provides consumers financing options for life necessities that otherwise would not be available to them. We help with financing options from tires/wheels to furniture and appliances. Acima blends the use of innovative online technology with a fast and easy application process for thousands of retailers nationwide. Customers love us because we make the impossible possible. Retailers love us because we make it easy for them.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that is interested in applying their understanding of machine learning techniques and statistics to analyze our many complex datasets. They will be nose deep in interesting payment, behavioral, credit, fraud, and economic datasets, to name a few. The insights gleaned and models trained from the analyses done on these datasets can quickly change the course of the company.
We are interested in a Data Scientist that will take advantage of the many opportunities at Acima to develop their skills and deepen their understanding of data science, production systems, and databases from our other skilled data scientists.
- Wrangle data using python or SQL to access our AWS Redshift hosted data warehouse
- Build models to predict various business insights using python, notebooks, etc.
- scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, statsmodels, xqboost
- Share your findings with others
- python, panas, plotly, seaborn, matplotlib, jupyter, notebooks, etc
- Build, maintain, and document various python microservices
- fastapi, flask
- Git, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Build and maintain schedule ETL jobs on internal linux servers
- Build and maintain internal python packages
- Collaborate with team members
- Salary will be dependent on experience but will include a base and an annual bonus
- 401K matching, 6%/3%
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited DTO (discretionary time off)
- Free electric vehicle charging
- Hybrid work from home and office flexibility
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Can commute to Draper Utah for in office work (hybrid)
- Python (5+ years experience)
- API architecture (3+ years experience)
- Object oriented programming (2+ years experience)
- Demonstrable understanding of machine learning, statistics, and probability (5+ years experience)
- Large dataset wrangling (2+ years experience)
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility