JOB PURPOSE: The selected individual will report to the Vice President of Internal Audit and be responsible for leading the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s system of internal control and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Directing the planning, execution and documentation of all types of internal audits of company activities.
- Reviewing and evaluating the internal control systems and policies and procedures and assisting in implementing corrective actions.
- Driving compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and related corporate governance initiatives.
- Appraise the adequacy of the actions taken by management to correct reported deficiencies; monitors and reviews corrective actions on a continuing basis
- Prepare reports to the appropriate levels of the organization, including the Board, on the results of audit reviews and examinations, including recommendations for improvement
- Participate in and help coordinate auditing activities with external auditors to obtain maximum effective audit coverage
- Leading the coordination of auditing activities with external auditors to obtain maximum effective audit coverage
- Examine the effectiveness of all levels of management in their stewardship of organization resources and their compliance with established policies, guidelines and procedures
- Partnering with the Vice President on setting the strategy for the Internal Audit department.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with management and throughout the company.
- Develop and maintain internal audit charter
- Partnering with the Vice President on the definition of and management to the department budget.
- Manage, establish goals and objectives, and evaluate staff
- Developing the internal audit staff, including the hiring, training and development.
- Conduct special examinations at the request of the Audit Committee, Executive Director or the Board
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Ten to fifteen years experience in auditing, consulting or management with a public company and/or nationally recognized Certified Public Accounting or consulting firm, including proven management experience
- CIA and/or CPA certification
- Strong communication and presentation abilities
- Proven planning and analytical skills with demonstrated results
- Strong computer skills, including experience with financial systems, databases, and accounting and auditing computer software