Rent A Center Corporate
Income Tax Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To support the organization by managing all aspects of the income tax accounting process pursuant to ASC 740 as well as assist with the income tax compliance process. Assist with federal and state income tax audits and support other tax functions as needed.
- Manage the preparation and review of the income tax provision and preparations of supporting schedules each quarter as needed. Oversee in the preparation of tax disclosures for the 10Q and 10K.
- Maintain the effective rate calculation between quarters.
- Compile data based on tax studies and analysis of laws and legislation as it relates to company matters and apply as appropriate.
- Prepare/review journal entries.
- Contribute to the continued automation of the provision process
- Oversee the preparation of the Puerto Rico tax provision
- Work with the Mexico tax team on the provision calculation under GAAP
Income Tax Compliance:
- Assist with the preparation and review of all U.S. income tax compliance responsibilities (includes federal, state, and local returns for all entities) and to ensure all reporting and filing obligations are satisfied accurately and timely
- Oversee the preparation and compliance for the Puerto Rico Income tax return and manage of the relationship with the firm preparing the return
Estimated Income Tax Payments:
- Responsible for cash tax reporting and assisting with cash tax forecasts.
- Responsible for foreign, federal, state, and local estimated tax payment calculations and to ensure payments are made timely.
- Responsible for advising Treasury management on the amount of payments each month.
Income Tax Audits:
- Assist with income tax audits as needed.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years of federal and state income tax experience
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision a plus
- Experience with consolidated corporations, ASC 740, FIN 18, accounting methods, and fixed assets required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Excel and Word