JOB PURPOSE: This position works closely with the Inventory Analysts, Merchandise Planner and Merchandising Department to provide forecasts for inventory planning within designated department of business. This position is also responsible to develop, refine, and continuously improve reporting processes for inventory management. Identify risks and opportunities to maximize profits and provide analytics and support to the Inventory Management organizations.
• Provide category level forecast and analyze forecasted results versus actual performance to identify improvement opportunities.
• Provide accurate store level reporting to support store replenishment decisions.
• Analyze and recommend store/cluster to optimize assortment/allocation performance.
• Develop expert level reporting using SQL query and Power BI, or other reporting tools for analytical purposes.
• Standardize reporting and automate regular weekly or monthly reports on replenishment and product performance.
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 4+ years work experience in forecasting/supply chain/inventory planning
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI or any data visualization tool.
• Working knowledge in SQL.
• Strong analytical and quantitative expertise in understanding complex issues
• Experienced in taking initiative towards identifying and solving complex business problems.