JOB PURPOSE: The Principal - Data Management, will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data management framework for data policies, standards and practices of the collaborative entity for both the Business and Functional areas to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs. Thorough understanding of data management and administration duties such as collection, analysis, and distribution.
- Creating and approving data standards, policies, business rules and purchases of tools to support them
- Creating Data Assets and ensuring data quality
- Defining access policies
- Collaborating with data stewards to fix any data quality or integrity issues
- Overseeing data storage and developing standards of operation when handling and archiving data
- Technical handling of data to meet data classification requirements.
- Assuring that sensitive data, regardless of format, is protected at all times by only using approved equipment, networks, and other controls.
- Creating, reviewing, approving data definitions
- Ensuring that metadata critical to data governance is included in the metadata resource and is accessible.
- Build the data catalogue / inventory and lineage for enterprise visibility.
- Ensure compliance with established design, testing and documentation standards and practices which are applicable to the project/product/data and are current within the department
- Communicating new and changed business requirements to individuals who may be impacted.
- Communicating concerns, issues and problems with data to the individuals that can influence change.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of Data Mangement experience.
- Experience with data lineage and catalog tools a plus. Eg. Informatica, colibra etc.
- Clear and effective writing and technical documentation skills
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to see a task to completion
- Good analytical/problem-solving skills