JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing analytical and other professional-level support to the HR and Compensation functions. The Compensation Analyst supports the Senior Director, Compensation & HRIS in the design, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs including salary administration, job descriptions, evaluations, salary/market pricing analysis, analysis of human capital metrics, and creation and maintenance of HR dashboards.
- Responsible for the development and administration of compensation programs, specifically in the areas of base pay, position evaluation and grading, merit planning, salary structures, incentive compensation and stock plan administration – researches and resolves escalated issues
- Calculates quarterly incentive projections, annual incentive calculations and provides to accounting for accrual purposes
- Performs analysis in support of company compensation plans – actively works to ensure timeliness, quality and quantity standards are achieved
- Ensures regulatory and compliance requirements are met and that all associated processes are formally documented, updated as appropriate, and consistently adhered to
- Assumes responsibility for special projects as directed by functional management aimed at strengthening our compensation offerings, improving our internal processes and assisting our human resources colleagues in addressing identified issues and concerns
- Design, develop and create dashboards, reports, and presentations designed to educate, inform and influence the decisions of HR, business leaders, and key partners
- Go beyond the numbers to extract key insights and stories from data to measure progression and communicate these insights and stories to key HR and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Provide coaching to HR team members and key partners on the interpretation of data to advance the use of analytical thinking and data-driven decision making
- Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data, audit HR data and troubleshoot irregularities, support data governance processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Three to five years progressive experience in the administration and development of employee compensation plans and human capital data analytics
- Analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs.
- Proven experience with data analysis, with a preferred focus on HR data and metrics
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills to include pivot tables, pivot charting, use of slicers, advanced formulas, and conditional formatting.
- Microsoft Access proficiency strongly preferred
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, and VBA a plus
- Strong working understanding of federal, state and local employee compensation legislation
- Exceptional customer service, organizational and communication skills – strong attention to detail, analytic and possesses a proven results orientation