We are looking for a devops engineer with database experience who has worked in large, no-downtime cloud environments. The job is to deliver reliable database infrastructure, working with developers to troubleshoot problems, optimize performance and scale our data as we grow.
We’re looking for someone who is reliable, security conscious, self-directed and collaborative.
- Manage highly-available production database infrastructure
- Automate administrative tasks with an emphasis on infrastructure-as-code and config management
- Scale our data infrastructure to meet our demanding growth
- Optimize databases, query tune and troubleshoot performance issues
- Configure monitoring to track resource usage, locks, and bottlenecks, using alerts to take proactive actions
- Work within a complex, cloud environment with no downtime
- Collaborate with the other members of the devops team, along with developers, product and the data warehouse team
- PostgreSQL (MySQL, MS SQL)
- AWS RDS (Aurora, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Terraform (CloudFormation) and Ansible
- Database infrastructure management (backups, replication)
- Database performance optimization (indexes, query tuning)
- Devops, Site Reliability/Platform Engineering
Nice to haves
- Ruby (Rails/ActiveRecord), Python, Shell, Java, Kotlin or Haskell
- Other AWS services (S3, EBS, Athena, Elasticache, OpenSearch, etc)
Acima Leasing is a young and dynamic leasing company that provides consumers financing options for life necessities that otherwise would not be available to them. We help with financing options from tires to furniture and appliances. Acima blends the use of innovative online technology with a fast and easy application process for thousands of retailers nationwide. Customers love us because we make the impossible possible. Retailers love us because we make it easy for them.
- Flexible schedules: Hybrid (mix of office and home office)
- DTO (discretionary time off).
- Medical insurance with United Healthcare (IHC network)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution.
- Dental insurance (Cigna) and Vision insurance (United Healthcare)
- Paid holidays
- 401K match 6%/3%
- Free Dev lunches every Friday for locals
- Fully stocked snack bar with beverages
- Onsite gym and bike locker
- College tuition reimbursement program (STEM)
- Free car charging