JOB PURPOSE: As a key member in the accounting department, the Sr. Manager – Corporate Accounting will be responsible for the monthly closing of the general ledger and assisting with the month-end close of all lines of business. This position is responsible for reviewing journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and analyzing the results of the financial close. This position is also responsible for gathering information required to prepare variance analysis. This position will interact with all departments within the organization and will have great exposure to senior executive management.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the general ledger
- Manage a team of corporate accountants
- Assist with the month-end close of all lines of business
- Review journal entries and manage the journal entry checklist completion on a monthly basis
- Review general ledger account reconciliations and variance explanations
- Manage the ERP, ARCS and FCCS modules in Oracle Cloud
- Prepare and assist with monthly financial statement review
- Receive and research requests for supporting financial information, including financial services information
- Perform and comply with controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist in implementing appropriate internal controls and process improvements
- Assist with implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- Interact directly with the independent auditors to discuss and resolve accounting issues in a timely manner
- Identify, plan, and implement process improvements in the accounting process.
- Review transactions prior to execution for any potential accounting issues, compliance with GAAP, and research accounting codification as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 7+ years of accounting experience including experience in general ledger accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in Oracle Cloud preferred
- Experience working on SEC clients preferred
- Advanced PC skills with a high proficiency in Excel and data analytics required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently