JOB PURPOSE: The Customer Account Manager (CAM) will be responsible for overseeing all proactive account management responsibilities for Rent-A-Center customers in a defined geographic area. The role will involve engaging with past due customers mainly through two-way texting but also conducting phone calls when appropriate. The CAM will also be responsible for maintaining meticulous customer records of all account management activities, engaging proactively with customers to resolve issues related to their accounts, while also coordinating account management activities with the appropriate Rent-A-Center stores.
- Maintain accurate records of customer activity, to include current and past due accounts.
- Review past due accounts and communicate by 2-way text and by phone with customers to promote timely payments.
- Provide the customer with the highest level of customer service though professional and compassionate behavior.
- Have the ability to listen to customers and process their situation which will aid both the customer and RAC with an amiable solution.
- Experienced in customer interaction as to increase their ability to retain past due customers or customers that intend to return their product for any reason.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gather all relevant customer information and apply it to the retention engine.
- Collaborate with store managers, or other ops leadership as appropriate, to resolve customer issues and escalating only when necessary.
- Collect customer payments on a timely basis and meet daily and weekly collection expectations.
- Must be disciplined to follow all relevant “Fair Debt Collection Practices”.
- Use tools provided to execute strong skip tracing skills.
- High School Degree preferred
- At least 1 full year of account management responsibilities at Rent-A-Center stores OR minimum 5 years’ experience managing accounts in a retail or financial services setting.
- Multi-lingual (fluent in Spanish and English) preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with technology and the ability to learn new systems.
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to problem solve proactively with store coworkers and customers
- Ability to reconcile E-pay and credit card charge backs.
- Ability to handle high call volume both inbound and outbound.
- Additional duties as assigned