JOB PURPOSE: The Manager of Planning & Data Analytics is accountable for executing and constantly improving product demand planning. This position is also responsible for forecast accuracy and ensuring optimal inventory levels are available to support our forecasted store level inventory needs and weekly replenishment orders. In addition, the Manager is responsible for providing analyses and management reporting related to product performance, building and managing OTB processes, tracking shipping / delivery performance by vendors, and ensuring cross-functional collaboration with inventory replenishment, merchandising, marketing, and financial planning, and driving streamlined and efficient planning operations.
- Manage and update the inventory reporting to monitor the supply chain performance.
- Perform detailed analysis of product performance to optimize inventory.
- Ensure the weekly inventory plan ties to the overall company budget and that the weekly plan ties to the weekly store level inventory unit plan and OTB dollars.
- Recommend product purchase quantities based on weekly forecast updates, business trends and seasonality, and promotion plans
- Coordinate cross-functional collaboration between internal merchandising, inventory management, and marketing teams to ensure product availability.
- Identify product risks and opportunities to minimize obsolete product and excess stock while minimizing markdown exposure.
- Drive constant improvements to the forecasting processes and streamline reporting and analytics provided to management, including developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline, such as Supply Chain, Business or Data Analytics is required.
- 7+ years of inventory planning and forecasting, data analytics experience within a multi-location environment.
- General understanding of the entire supply chain, including forecasting and demand planning, inventory management methods and related concepts, including demonstrated ability to use statistical forecasting techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power BI or any data visualization tool.
- Working knowledge in SQL.
- Strong analytical and quantitative expertise in understanding complex issues and their consequences and the ability to communicate those issues and recommend solutions