Job Purpose: This role is responsible for maintaining pricing systems, merchandise hierarchy, Employee Purchase Program, as well as developing and executing pricing strategies for Rent-A-Center, Get It Now, and Home Choice brands. This includes ensuring the integrity and accuracy of pricing systems, participating in cross functional projects to enhance or replace pricing and purchasing systems, as well as executing analysis and modeling to develop pricing strategies and measurement systems.
- Develop and maintain success criteria for merchandise and pricing strategies.
- Develop and maintain reporting to continually review product and pricing performance.
- Analyze and review performance of existing and historical pricing to inform and develop pricing models and strategies which increase gross profit margin dollars.
- Create and present pricing recommendations to executive leadership for review and approval.
- Review, modify, and approve pricing and merchandise hierarchy of all new products on behalf of senior management to ensure pricing is in line with approved pricing strategy.
- Execute price changes of existing products on behalf of senior management.
- Oversee development, management, and execution of cross functional Promotional Price List containing approved promotional products and pricing and distribute to all necessary teams.
- Oversee competitive price shopping reviews and provide data to senior management.
- Participate in cross functional projects to enhance or replace pricing systems and databases and systems which interact with the pricing and merchandise systems.
- Participate in any cross functional projects which involve pricing such as migrating Franchise stores from High Touch POS to SIMS POS.
- Lead cross functional efforts to maintain and execute changes to merchandise hierarchy, including obtaining approvals from legal, merchandising, accounting, and IT.
- Oversee Employee Purchase Program for all brands including both guidelines and execution.
- Lead personnel by providing direction, development, and feedback to ensure assigned projects & tasks are completed accurately and within specified deadlines; while ensuring team's resources are used effectively.
- Contribute to the selection of personnel & the development of the team; aid in identifying appropriate training & resources to promote departmental & business objectives.
- Additional duties/special projects as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Excel and MS Access.
- Solid working knowledge of SQL syntax.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage own work flow and meet deadlines while responding to frequent demands of multiple internal and external customers.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
Throughout the COVID pandemic, we have remained unwavering in terms of our commitment to the health of our coworkers and customers. To further maintain a safe work environment, new coworkers should be vaccinated by their start date. RAC is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.