This role is responsible for management and oversight of the fraud policies and procedures for online transactions. In this role you will work to protect the company from fraud losses while ensuring the best possible customer experience in the process. This will include driving fraud mitigation strategies and best practices, tracking and monitoring data for high-risk activity, limiting the volume of customers impacted due to fraud decisions, reducing the time orders are held in fraud review and reducing the level of false positives. The scope of responsibility will include our full ecosystem, including consumer and merchant fraud. You will be responsible for defining digital fraud analytics and operational priorities for the team, ensuring that appropriate training, feedback, and quality assurance practices in place. This person will assume the role of subject matter expert for e-commerce fraud-related topics.
As the Fraud Prevention Manager, you will:
- Own fraud analytics, data oversight and reporting, including event response
- Collaborate with Data Sciences colleagues to leverage fraud data modeling and analytics to ensure effectiveness of our decision engine and third party-tools, remain informed on the latest fraud tactics and sophistication, mitigate fraudulent activities, lower review rates and false cancels, manage customer impact, and adapt to meet changing business needs
- Identify decision engine gaps and areas for improvement; analyzing data to identify the root cause of issues as they arise
- Collaborate with departments across the company to reduce fraud and chargebacks
- Work with our Data Services team to develop reporting needed to assess the performance trends of fraud in the organization in order to ensure effectiveness, identify areas of opportunity and share actionable insights. Ensure appropriateness, accuracy, and timeliness of reporting.
- Work with internal teams to ensure that our data infrastructure supports transaction analysis and fraud prevention. Identify data sources and data gaps, while working to define solutions to capture these sources of data most effectively and accurately
- Drive recommendations and best practices for fraud mitigation rules and tactics, custom by channel and product.
- Develop strategies to improve chargeback analytics and response functions.
- Equip operational and delivery teams with guidelines and best practices to support fraud mitigation efforts.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with third-party fraud prevention tool/technology vendors
- Identify operational gaps and areas for improvement; analyzing operations data to identify the root cause of issues as they arise.
- Review end-to-end process, deliver automation, reduce overhead and manual dependencies for fraud.
- Ensure adherence to all SLAs and modification of strategies (short-term and long-term) to continue to optimize fraud KPIs across approval rates, review rates, time in queue and fraud rates.
- Identify staffing needs required to grow the fraud operations team