Job Purpose: First and foremost, to be a company advocate and love what we do. Proactively bring our brand’s compelling story to life across digital media platforms & news outlets – this is not social media. The Manager of Public Relations Media - Acima will lead an agency partner in driving organically generated attention in support the Acima business.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a PR strategy in conjunction with an agency that builds our reputation and ensures effective media coverage of the brand.
- Develop a deep understanding for the audiences we serve and product categories we maintain and measure their evolution to better inform media plans.
- Create and maintain a favorable public image by communication programs, accomplishments and/or points of view.
- Prepare media kits and organize press conferences based on press releases written.
- Write compelling speeches and talking points for company leaders to communicate in their forums and junkets.
- Release information to counter negative publicity and handle crisis and emergency communications.
- Partner with agencies and internal social platform buyers (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, etc.) on stewarding campaigns.
- Partner with in-house brand and creative teams as well as external agencies for creative development (articles, graphics, content) as needed.
- Build relationships with key publisher reps. and stay informed on industry best practices and trends, plus direct competitor activities.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-5+ years’ experience in Public Relations, including time in the fin-tech industry
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Experience managing agencies or small teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
- You are a rare breed. Highly analytical, creative and innovative; you get things done quickly
- You must be highly motivated, a brilliant communicator and a resourceful problem-solver with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.