Job Purpose: First and foremost, to be a company advocate and love what we do. Proactively bring our brand’s compelling story to life across digital media platforms with focus on cross channel optimizations, data strategy and ROI. Help attain qualified leads, grow new customers, re-engage lapsed customers and improve customer journeys. Director will lead a team of direct reports and support the Rent-A-Center and Get It Now!/Home Choice lines of business.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop performance marketing strategy and investment levels across paid social media, online advertising, online video, online radio and paid search. Support non-digital plans with foundational knowledge of broadcast and print media.
- Develop a deep understanding for the audiences and product categories we serve and measure their evolution to better inform media plans
- Grow traffic and revenue online and in store
- Continuous optimization of multi-million dollar channel budgets and execute forecast, accruals and variance explanations at a monthly (and sometimes weekly) level with the team
- Utilize and evaluate plans through the business’ MMM (media mix modeling) tool. Manage inputs for long term planning.
- Lead a digital analyst on KPI definitions, forecast models, reporting and special analyses to stakeholders
- Partner with agencies and internal social platform buyers (Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, etc) on marketing funnel tactics, messaging/sequencing strategy and stewarding campaigns
- Develop and implement test and learn roadmaps across channels, audiences, messages and creatives to drive incremental return. Including a plan to evolve from cookie-based advertising.
- Leverage first party data via onboarding partner, and lookalike audiences to inform digital targeting strategy and personalization
- Partner with in-house brand and creative teams as well as external agencies for creative development as needed
- Build relationships with Facebook, Google and other key publisher reps. Stay informed on industry best practices and trends, plus direct competitor activities
- Mentor, coach and manage performance marketing team members to maximize their potential and growth
- Partner with Web Experience team to understand roadmap and impact on landing pages, server to server tracking integrations, pixels, conversion events and 3rd party tagging
What We’re Looking For:
- 8-10+ years’ experience in digital marketing, including 5+ years in auction-based campaigns
- Strong understanding of leveraging 1P data digitally and building website retargeting pixel pools and alternative strategies, including CCPA compliance
- Experience managing agencies or small teams, including buyers
- You are a rare breed. Highly analytical, creative and innovative; you get things done quickly.
- You have an aptitude to use a data-driven approach that’s grounded in customer insights to derive meaningful customer touch points, messages and channel selection.
- You must be highly motivated, a brilliant communicator and a resourceful problem-solver with the ability to lead and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.