JOB PURPOSE: Assist Furniture merchant in all aspects of assortment and procurement planning. Managing RFP process, forecasts, testing of new products, item set up and supplier management.
- Maintain a line of business that is consistent with company objectives in regards to growth and profitability.
- Recommend strategy for lines of business and then recommend product portfolio to support the strategy.
- Develop and maintain vendor partnerships
- Negotiate landed costs with suppliers in assigned category.
- Support all aspects of merchandising around item lifecycle, vendor set up, line review process, store communications and assortment planning
- Maintain assets and necessary documentation in regards to product, inventory acquisition costs, and recommended pricing strategy.
- Track vendor forecasts vs actual purchases.
- Work cross functionally with marketing and inventory groups to help drive growth in category.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating current business trends.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Obtain and confirm price comparisons and perform competitive shops.
- Attend vendor, staff, company, and merchandising meetings with Buyer in order to build buying and negotiating skills.
- Additional duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Two to four years previous purchasing experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application.
- Ability to perform and understand all aspects of retail math.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple assignments at the same time.
- Demonstrate ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of RAC employees in multiple departments and external clients.
- Demonstrate understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle.