JOB PURPOSE: Provide management and guidance to the Application Support Team staff, focus on the implemmentation of new and enhanced applications, high availability and quick resolution of the services delivered by implemented applications. This position has responsibility for all support aspects of the corporation's proprietary software applications, including integration with standard 3rd party applications, corporate and retail applications. Maintain, close liaison with various operational, project, development, vendor and product teams, ensure ongoing service and support can be maintained to defined service levels.
- Manage the productivity of a team of Application Administration personnel including: determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Provide direct supervision of contractors, on-site/offshore resources & third-party service providers as well as indirect supervision within IT and cross functional organizations.
- Act as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings and gives input as to needs of customers
- Meet needs of a diverse staff and customer base by promoting and providing a satisfying work environment
- Supervise the daily work of all application support, and production control, staff to ensure optimum performance.
- Understand your team’s career objectives and work to ensure team members can fulfill those objectives at RAC wherever possible.
- Lead through difficult or severity situations – clear process hurdles, manage timely and clear communication with customers, and ensure best troubleshooting practices are employed by the team.
- Consistently put your team members in a position to succeed.
- Vendor management as required for COTS applications.
- Review and approve all logged time.
- Review and approve all your team’s expense reports.
- Review all submitted Incidents, Requests, and Changes for policy compliance, and assign to team.
- Ensure adequate team coverage by managing personal time off requests.
- Review periodic Security reports for patching opportunities in your area of responsibility.
- Conduct 1:1 & team meetings, ensuring team is engaged.
- Submit regular weekly project status updates to your manager.
- Review team KRAs & SLAs are being met on a regular basis.
- Submit budget requests on an annual basis, covering all the needs of your team.
- Ensure that all aspects of operability are delivered as part of the implementation process whilst ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved and ensure full compliance to operational standards, procedures and best practice.
- Schedule and implement production changes such as new applications, software upgrades, roll out of bug fixes, etc.
- Participate in implementation of new applications, bug fixes, and capabilities, review and contribute to design documents.
- Provide documentation to support causes of service incident and problem resolution efforts to maintain entrusted applications/products.
- Ensure library of Standard Operating Procedures and Environment Documents is kept current.
- Collaborate with development teams on systems/application design enhancements and systems/application serviceability.
- Assure compatibility of components and operating characteristics of subsystems or multi-product environment to ensure effective operation.
- Be aware and ensure compliance with established design, testing and documentation standards and practices which are applicable to the project/product/application and are current within the department.
- Work with 3rd party technology companies as needed to implement technology solutions to customers.
- Recommend and maintain company application standards
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years of experience managing technical teams across global organizations required, or 5+ years as a strong Technical Team Lead.
- 4+ years administration of Enterprise-class COTS Software in a corporate setting is required.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional services groups, including IT infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Project Management, Legal and Compliance, to ensure successful business alignment, application integration, solution delivery, technology architecture, system maintenance, operational support and IT security that meet or exceed the quality standards and compliance requirements expected.
- Moderate level understanding of Database, Network, Operating System, Hardware, and IT Security concepts is required.
- Moderate level understanding of Application Development languages, such as PLSQL, Java, is recommended.
- Experience managing variety of corporate applications and services (e.g. Datawarehouse, Supply Chain, Oracle ERP, ADP, ) both on-premises and Cloud (AWS, Azure).
- Experience writing technical specifications is recommended.
- Ability to interface with business areas and effectively translate business needs into technology based business solutions.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to keep abreast of new technological and or/procedural developments and demonstrate knowledge and expertise with software tools and an ability to evaluate.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
- Consider job as a service provider.
- Strong leadership, planning and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills