JOB PURPOSE: Assist in the process of providing customer and coworker support to collect delinquent accounts and to provide support to Collection Account Specialist 1 coworkers. The position functions with independence in determining appropriate customer support and collection activities by contacting customers and negotiating payment plans and settlement actions.
- Maintains customer files and data base. Routinely updates data and ensures the integrity of all account data.
- Applies available skip-trace methods to locate customers who may have moved.
- Utilize Time Management skills and techniques to maximize the number and effectiveness of phone contacts.
- Responsible for the professional and courteous interaction with customers to effectively and quickly determine their ability to pay and negotiate the most lucrative repayment schedule or cash settlement.
- Assist coworkers by taking escalated calls and resolve customer concerns.
- Collaborate with Collection Supervisor to assist in managing special projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the position.
- Negotiates settlements with customers to maximize recoveries.
- Accept ACH and credit card payments by phone following all procedures and ensuring recordkeeping accuracy. Ensure that all payments are properly applied to accounts.
- Provides customers with accurate and detailed notification and follow-up documentation.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all levels of Operations to exchange information, coordinate merchandise recovery and acquire historical background information on customers.
- Responsible for adhering to all state and federal collection laws and be fully cognizant of the "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act."