JOB PURPOSE: Lead the corporate planning process for the company and provide executive management visibility into financial results to drive decision making. This position will be located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Lead the financial planning process for the annual operating plan, monthly reforecast, and 5 year strategic plan.
- Manage the corporate G&A expense and capital expenditure planning processes.
- Present executive management with the financial projections of the company used to develop operational targets and provide guidance to the street.
- Prepare financial presentations for executive management identifying trends, insights, and recommendations for opportunities to improve the business.
- Develop business case financial models on strategic initiatives and measure the impact.
- Provide financial support for Investor Relations and Board of Directors meetings.
- Develop valuation models and due diligence on potential M&A activities.
- Partner with key business owners to better understand the business and explain budget versus actual results.
- Work directly with the CFO to support key initiatives, provide visibility into the financials of the business and make recommendations.
- Work with investment bank partners on capital allocation decisions such as debt restructuring, dividends, share repurchases, etc.
- Coaches, develops and leads a highly effective team of 2-5 individuals that achieve results.
- Develop standardized approaches and identify opportunities to automate leveraging tools that allow for increased, efficient planning and analysis capabilities.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Retail or multi-unit experience preferred.
- Ten plus years related experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of managing teams and developing staff.
- Strategic thinker, fiscally responsible and possesses strong business acumen.
- Proven ability to use influence and drive collaboration across the organization.
- Ability to develop and make recommendations to executives on strategic business decisions through analyses, financial reports, industry knowledge and proactive approaches.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong sense of ownership and comfortable with a hands-on individual contributor approach.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to interact with executive management and develop effective working relationships across the company.
- International experience a plus.